RE: Just a thought

The NBA game is a talent crap shoot.  Will A.W become the next Shawn Kemp
in both talent & attitude ?  Will Mercer ever be a truly effective outside
scoring 2 ? Is Pierce quick enough to play the 2 spot in the NBA ? Will
Lafrentz be a Gugliotta ?  or a Laetner, or as stated the next Michael
Smith.  ( Sorry for the wrong name I was drawing a blank on that one) I
hope Pitino & Wallace are good talent evaluators.   I like giving Jeff
Sheppard a tryout, he could be a Rex Chapman type.  Alvin Williams could be
a decent backup but I would expect some other teams to be more interested.

On Thursday, December 03, 1998 10:27 AM, Odegaard, Greg M.
[SMTP:GMOdegaa@RMC.com] wrote:
> We must have a new Warwick, who I am sure would appreciate the creative
> effort.
>
> IF we have to lose AW, then this deal is not just good, it could be
> brilliant.  I would rather give up Pierce than Mercer, but Pierce could
be
> THE REAL DEAL too.  Pick-up three bonafide starters and have the cash for
> Michael Stewart (not Smith God forbid) and an Alvin Williams to back-up
> Kenny.
>
> I noted this recently, but I am really strong on the idea of signing
Alvin