From: John Lyell [mailto:Jlyell@concentric.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 1998 9:37 AM
To: 'Cecil Wright'
Cc: 'Celtics'
Subject: RE: Just a thought

How about  a three way with :

Boston -  Rahim, Carter, Lafrentz
Vancouver  - Walker
Denver - Mercer, Knight, Barros

I like Ron Mercer, but Vince Carter may be a better shooter and is just as
explosive. Rahim will be a great 3 for a long time.
Lafrentz just as much a ??? as Pierce.  May have a great career, may be a
dog. Sign Michael Smith of Sacramento as an FA and :

Smith, Declercq
Lafrentz, Declercg
Rahim,
Pierce, Carter
Anderson

A very athletic young team.  Pick up a Vin Baker next year and we have a
team that could seriously compete if kept together.  You really have to get
players that can live with Pitino's Mgmt. style , and I don't know a lot
that can.  Baker and Lafrentz may not be as talented as Walker, but players
that will support the team environment more effectively, which is what it
takes to win championships.