Re: Just a thought

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> (cut)  but the later, tougher Scottie Pippin would have had his way
> with Larry on offense, and made
> his life difficult on defense.  Of course, he would be helpless under
> the boards.
>
> IMHO,
>
> Josh

Traiter!   :-)

I don't think "your man" Pippen Longstockings would have had his way on
offense with the Larry Bird circa 1980-84 (before his back injury).  The
young Larry Bird could actually fly around the court and it was no fluke
that he won All Defensive Team honors, considering he consistenly led
his team and all NBA forwards in steals.

As importantly, Larry still helped his team even when he was getting
shut down in the scoring department by the likes of Coop or Rodman.
Larry's basketball IQ was among the highest ever, and you simply can't
say that about Scottie Pippen.

I actually know where you're coming from, Josh. But even if you're
right, I beg you puh-lease no dissing the Legend on this list :-)

Joe