RE: Chiquita Boy

Yes it was Josh from February 18th.  I am actually kind of embarrassed that I could so easily find this in my archived summary file.  This is the game before the great Seattle win with the intro of Kenny to the lineup.  I wonder still if Jerry West would take him back.  Spooky comment, huh?

What is even more curious was the comments about DQ that follow.

Curious too his comments on SAR.  Things that make you go hmmm.
Greg

"Travis:  terrible.  weak, a butterfingers, couldn't hit his shot, and I could
carve a better defender out of a bananna.  I wonder if Jerry West would take
him back?

Andrew:  This was andrew's best game of the year, no doubt.  The guy might
not be able to guard the best centers in the league, but I don't see how Matt
Geiger or Elden Campbell are any better than him.  He hustles, and he is much
more fluid and athletic than his "blue collar white guy" image implies.  He
made a nice fadeaway jumper in the lane after being fouled, blocked a shot
way high against the glass, and played with mad abandon.  I love him.  To
think Rick wanted to trade him and Chauncey for Kevin Edwards!  And that the
deal fell through because he was part of the package!

SAR:  super smooth, a much more polished offensive player than Antoine.  I
don't know what kind of outside shot he has.  If he has one, he didn't show
it tonight, and they could have used it.  I didn't realize he was such a good
defender.  He's pretty fast too, unlike our star, who probably couldn't beat
Acie Earl in a footrace.  But antoine abused him, both with his speed, and
with his greater physical strength.

Filling in again for Bill, I am happy to report that the celtics destroyed
vancouver, a bad team playing at its worst.  Basically, the Grizzlies played
as if going through the motions, allowing the celtics, with Edney and Barros
at the helm, to push things at the speed we like.  I will not be going
through the game quarter by quarter, since we led by sixteen or more for most
of the game.  We kept Bryant Reeves bottled up through double and triple
teams, pressured every ball handler, and somehow kept Shareef Abdur Rahim
under wraps as well.  The grizzlies were coming off a four day layover, so
maybe that had something to do with it.  The absence of scary enforcer Otis
Thorpe has something with it too."