Re:Chiquita Boy

I don't disagree with your disagreement.     I'm just saying I'd really
like to see how Tim Duncan does with four shorter guys around him. That
would be the final proof of his ability. The guy isn't enshrined in
Springfield just yet.

Joe

Hey, I thought there was a list-wide consensus that we would no longer
mention getting Chauncy as consolation for Tim Duncan!!  :-)
Personally, I think if we had both the #1 and #6 pick, then Ron Mercer
wouldn't have lasted until #6.  A big reason he fell is because his
college coach (Pitino) casually passed on him at #3.   So Kenny, Ron and

Popeye may be nearly as good as getting Duncan plus any other pick #5
thru 10 in that thin draft. In the end, I think Ron Mercer will prove
himself to be the second best player in that draft. I hope the same is
true for Paul Pierce.

***