Re: Malone & $20mil

In a message dated 98-08-24 16:30:36 EDT, hartleyo@ix.netcom.com writes:

> What owner in his right mind would pay an aging (36) player that kind of
>  money after what is happening with the lockout. It must be tough to make
>  ends meet when your underpaid and making 7-8 mill a year. Since he
>  hasn't won anything and you want him to have 20 miil, then I guess
>  Pippen should get 40 mill for helping to win 6 rings.

     I'm a big Malone fan, but have to concur with Hart here.  Perhaps Malone
and Pippen have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.  When they
signed their contracts, both were probably very happy, but now it's time to
begin again.  Ask the Chuckster, another great player in the same position.
Of course, I sure won't lose sleep over Malone's poverty, and maybe he'll get
a nice short contract for perhaps 10 mil, hoping to put some team (Knicks?
Pacers?) into that Next Level before it's too late.