Re: Theo Ratliff

>	A tidbit as small as this is still a welcome relief in the dog days
>of this most miserable offseason.  Our sports page noted that Seattle has
>joined the Pistons and Celtics in trying to acquire the services of Theo
>Radliffe as a free agent acquisition.  Not much but at least it mentioned
>something other than the lockout.  I never thought I'd dread seeing the
>words 'Larry Bird.'  (as in excemption)

I would love to see us go after Theo Radcliff, however Philly has said that
they are prioritizing re-signing Theo over Joe Smith.  This says a lot
about either (a) How much he has improved since being drafted in the middle
of the 1st round, (b) how far Joe Smith has slipped, (c) both or (d) How
crazy Philadelphia is.

I think its (c).

Remember however that Philly can (unless the NBA does away with the LB
exemption) sign Theo for more than Detroit, Boston or Seattle!

Nice to have Some basketball news on the list!

-Mark
Mark Piotrowski
Registrar,
Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center
345 E. Superior St.
Room. 1712
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 908-8006