DRUG TESTING, ETC.

I work in a bank.  When you are hired you agree to abide by a dress code and
any other codes they subscribe to.  If you don't want to do this, you don't
sign and you don't get hired.
The NBA simply wants the players to allow Marijuna to be added to the list
of substances, right?  They probably do test for drugs.  Maybe at random,
who knows, or maybe it's a regularly scheduled thing.  I've never been
tested for drugs, but I would not object if it were required.  Why?  People
who are either spaced out on drugs or loony are walking into former places
of employment and shooting people at random.  It amuses me that some people
think smoking regular cigarettes is awful, but smoking pot is not.  You're
still putting smoke in your lungs, aren't you?  I guess this makes sense to
you, it doesn't to me.  And smoking cigarettes does not alter your brain
waves as do both pot and alcohol.  I'm not against alcohol, either, after
all that is legal, but I should think it not unreasonable to expect players
not to drink for a few hours before they play a basketball game or any other
professional sport for which they're being paid.  I think bankers could
relax their dress codes a little, but until they do, I have to abide by the
rules.  It was a term of my employment many years ago, and I abide by it.
You do not have the right to use an illegal substance, even though you might
think you should.  As long as the law says it's illegal, you're breaking the
law whether you agree with it or not.  If you're job is to play on a
professional sports team for which you're being highly paid, and the rules
say you won't use drugs and will agree to testing, why should you be any
different than any other employee?  I think the players should have no
objection to having an illegal drug added to the list of substances not
allowed.  Makes sense to me.
Dorine