Re: Problems with Channel 68

Bob George wrote:

> And am I correct in saying that 68 isn't offered on cable even in parts
> of New England?  Get real!

Channel 68 is not offered on cable here in southern Rhode Island. I
don't watch baseball, but I know that my cable company picks up the Sox
games from 68 and puts them on the public access channel.  Only the game
is on, not any other Chan. 68 programming.  This is the same method they
used during the couple of years that the Celts were on Chan. 25, which
isn't offered, either.  Back then, I called and wrote several times, and
wrote to the Providence newspaper, which got their attention. Remember,
cable systems won't spend a dime to satisfy the customer (they are
monopolies, after all) unless necessary.

Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI