Re: To season ticket holders

In a message dated 98-08-04 15:35:14 EDT, j.hironaka@unesco.org writes:

<< Personally, I'm a huge fan of both Bird and the Bird exception, and I
 would think NBA owners ought to be too. There's nothing like the wrath
 of fans when a franchise player is lost via free agency to the Fakers or
 Knicks, no matter what the owner's "small market" excuses >>

   Joe, thanks for the nice words.  But what does the "wrath of fans" have to
do with the bottom line here?  Living in LaLa land, for example, I doubt that
Donald Sterling cares about the wrath of the fans.  Isn't keeping a franchise
player strictly a business decision?
     And Noah (I think it was Noah who chided me about the non-loss of
tickets), I yield to you on that point.  I was speculating.  Thanks.