Re: To season ticket holders

Noah P. Evans wrote:

> >Pay the Celtics for the full season while the *owners*
> > deliberately withhold their product?
> > I think not.
>
> But you forget how impoverished the poor owners are, I mean without the
> season ticket money where would they be? They'd only have the TV deal.
>         The owners *need* that money. It's only those greedy players who are the
> problem. You should be mad at the players, it's their fault for refusing to
> take less money. The players should feel "lucky to be paid anything at all".
>
> Noah

 Well, maybe the players should feel quite lucky to be able to be paid the money
they get for playing a children's game.  Let them go to work in the real world for a
year or two and they might feel lucky as well.

I don't have a problem with saying the owners suck, but this is a two way street and
the players are just as greedy and care just as little about the fans as the
owners.  There are no good guys in this situation, except maybe the veterans playing
for league minimum.  They do deserve something more.

Noah, you seem to believe that somehow the players are not greedy and only the
owners are.  Maybe that is not your position, but that is how it comes across.

--
Peace,

Bentz Kirby
http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw