Re: To season ticket holders

    Noah, I detected some humor there.  Better watch out for your reputation!
     As for you, techbook, please tell me one instance where "fan outrage"
produced any result at all.  Every single time there is a labor dispute in pro
sports, the cry goes up for a fan boycott.  Sometimes attendance goes down a
bit, but it never amounts to anything.  Thus, if you send in a "token amount"
of money, I would betcha you kiss your season tickets goodbye.  A good,
principled stand.  Can I get the tickets you lose?
    And finally a question/query:  if we assume that the Bird exception is the
biggest sticking point, what compromise can you see on that point?  Clearly
the players won't take a hard cap, unless it is sky-high, and even then it's
doubtful because it brings in a hard cap, and we can quibble numbers later.
(I had thought of double the regular cap, for no particular reason.  Fill your
cap and you have the same amount for Bird money.)  Perhaps some multiple of
the player's last salary?  Any other suggestions?
     My own bet is that the union sells out the rookies and the journeymen to
fatten the stars.  Rookie contracts get longer, Bird stays, more and more
players play for minimum.  Isn't Ewing the President of the union?  Mr. "I
want the average of the three richest players" or some such silly deal?  Oh
yeah, he's going to work to protect Bruce Bowen and Tyus Edney.  You betcha.
I have this land in Arizona...