ANTOINE,ETC.

I've been sitting here for over an hour reading all these posts and here
are my thoughts, for what they're worth. Of course, perhaps Douglas
thinks older fans should be put out to pasture, too?  Just remember who
made the Celtics the most famous sports team in history.  Red Aurbach!
    I have to go along with Kim, Cecil and Jeremy.  They made very good
points.  Antoine still has alot to learn about team basketball,
regardless of his acknowledged great talent.  He signed for three years,
and he might not want to go to another team after another year if they
can get a couple of needed pieces to fill out the roster.  I'm not at
all sure they should sign him now.
    Gaston, in my opinion, is trying to make a statement to the other
owners that they need to stop the nonsence.  The money is out of hand.
It has to stop somewhere.  I don't think Antoine and others like him
will suffer greatly if they don't get $100 million.
We'd suffer alot, though, if we had no team.  Somewhere along the line,
better sooner than later, along with the center and pure shooter we
need, I'd like them to get another pure point guard to back up Kenny.
When Kenny's in the game and distributing the ball, Walker plays much
better.  I don't think anyone can disagree with that, although some
probably will.
    I also have to question Rick Pitino.  He says Antoine will grow out
of it.  Perhaps.
That's the big question.  We know several equally talented players who
never did.  I think if anyone can make Antoine straighten out in the
areas he needs to, it's Pitino.
If he just waits until he “grows out of it” it may very well be too
late.  It might be as simple as sitting him down for a quarter.  Maybe
not, I wouldn't know.
    We won't be winning the championship in the next couple of years.
If we pay Antoine all that money and can't afford the rest of the pieces
we need, it will be much longer.
    One last thought.  If the Celts don't sign Walker until next year
and they get a good center and another good player, Antoine might very
well not want to go anywhere.  The team might be that much better that
he'd want to stay and be the star of that team.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Dorine