RE: Walker on ESPN

On Saturday, April 25, 1998 7:51 AM, Rodney A. Palmer
[SMTP:rp321@pgstumail.pg.cc.md.us] wrote:
> Do you believe Antoine Walker is good enough to be a franchis player?
> - ekim RAP.

I don't.  He has not shown he is mature enough but we are stuck because if
we don't,  someone else definitely will.  Did he actually say they need to
get another franchise player ?  As if he has shown he is anything other
than a good rebounder who can throw up a lot of shots, and play out of
control on most occasions.  Could be another malone, but could be another
Larry Johnson.

I like to get a Grant Hill or Abdul Rahim but since they are 3's which I
believe will be Mercer's best position, this wouldn't make sense.  I still
would take Vin Baker over Walker any day.  Maybe not quite as talented, but
puts up comparable numbers with a lot better shooting % and is a lot more
dependable.