Second coming of...

     Sorry to rant, but I have had it up to my wazoo with all this "The Next
Michael Jordan..." crap.  First the NBC/LA media machine gears up for Kobe
Bryant; (see this week's Sports Illustrated cover - as we say in LA, "gag me
with a spoon!"); a few years ago it was Penny Hardaway.  Now Walker is thrown
into the mix.  Michael Jordan became Michael Jordan because he has had a
spectacular career, makes some spectacular moves, leads his team to six (so
far) titles, plays this game as well or better than anyone else ever has, and
also because he is smart, image-conscious, and probably extremely charming and
articulate.  I'm not a judge of such things, but there are probably those who
think he's a hunk as well.  Put all those together and THAT is how you become
Michael Jordan.
    Anyone who thinks that 21-year old Antoine Walker, or 19 year old Kobe
Bryant, can equal that is simply delusional.  The best we Boston fans can hope
for is that in twenty years someone wants to be the next Antoine Walker.
   I alluded to this in an earlier post, but think that we are getting to an
age where if someone isn't "the next Michael Jordan," there are those who
would think he's a failure.  Is Walker the next MJ?  I don't care.  Let him be
AW.
    Thanks for listening. I'll go take my medication now.

- Doug