COMPARISONS

I'm with you, Doug.  There will never be a “next Michael Jordan” or a
“next Larry Bird”.  They are all individual players with special talents
that are uniquely their own.  A young player doesn't have to be anyone
but himself.  If he's talented enough, he'll become a star in his own
right and should not have a tag put on him as the “next” someone else.
The NBA should cut that out.  They are so paranoid about losing Michael
they want us to think someone else will take his place.  Any athlete
should be judged on their own merits and personalities.
    I'm also tired of the NBA hyping a new, young player to try to
convince us he'll be the next star.  That is always determined by the
player, not the NBA.  I tend not to like players that receive that kind
of hype, which isn't fair, but I like to make up my own mind, thank you.

Dorine