Re: kobe vs. ron

By the time Kobe is Mercer's age?! Do you mean next year, Kobe will be
scoring more than  25 points? I hope you write back when he's not. Mercer is
only one college grade level ahead of Kobe, and Kobe has one more year of NBA
experience, a more vital stat.  That being considered it's interesting Ron
has a higher FG %, FT %, rebound avg, more steals, and is a better defender
than Kobe.  As far as points per minute, it helps when you're constantly left
wide open b/c you're playing with a 330 lb. behemoth in the middle that gets
double and triple teamed. Look what it did for Travis Knight. Ron does his
damage with at least one defender in his face at all times. Whenever I see
Kobe played straight up, he tries to force it and either misses or turns it
over.