Re: future plans

-----Original Message-----
From: Elgin W Booth <ewbooth@hopper.unh.edu>

>As far as the draft goes, I think they should keep their pick (which
>should be #9 or 10, I believe) as long as they can get a good big man.
>And I think they can.  Michael Doleac will be there, I like him as an NBA
>center a lot.  He can really shoot and has some nice post-up moves.

Doleac won't be able to muscle his way in the NBA. I don't see him as an
upgrade over what we currently have.

>Pat Garrity is in the mold of a Tom Gugliotta, although he may be more of
>a small forward.  But he is 6'9, 230.

Come on, let's not di-respect Googs, he is an all star calibre player. As
per scouting reports Garrity is slow and doesn't have the talent to be a top
notch player.

> Another player I like a real lot is
>Brian Skinner of Baylore, 6'10, 240 PF/C.  Right now he is projected
>around 18-24, although I think he may go higher.

Last year everybody thought that Skinner's draft prospects will improve with
the extra year in college. Clearly that hasn't happened so I will leave him
alone.

> I think these guys are
>probably better than any free agent they are looking at (Ratliff, Geiger,
>Austin).  It is important to keep the young talent coming in.

I doubt if anybody after first 6 is better than the afore mentioned FA's.

>Also, the Celtics have the 1st pick in the second round (from Denver,
>Eric Williams deal).

That pick has been already dealt to New York in the Walter, Jones etc. deal.

>Now we just need to get rid of Pervis and we may have a decent shot to
>make the playoffs next year!!

If we don't get another good FA we will remain 37-40 win team. We need
wither a scorer or a quality Big man in our front line.
                                                                   - Mishra