RE: Rumor

Yes I heard the press conference today.  He said he was addicted to winning
and watching every game was really taking its toll.  Sad to see him go he
was a class act.  This is actually a good sign for the Celtics, as he was a
good a talent evaluator as anyone,  and built the Laker championship teams
and today's team within a few moves of the top.

On Saturday, April 18, 1998 9:43 PM, Warwick Janetzki
[SMTP:giants@eisa.net.au] wrote:

> John Lyell wrote:
>
> > Anyone here rumors Jerry West might step down as the Lakers V.P. after
this
> > year due to health reasons ?  Expect Mitch Kupchak to take his place if
it
> > happens.
>
> It is not a rumour. The Lakers list (yes I am on it, no I ain't a fan:)
had an