the future?

     I like Theresa's comment about how some way will be found to accomodate
everyone here.  While I don't get to see many games, it is clear from
everything I read that Walker is going to be a star in this league.  Maybe not
the Next Jordan, but they come along every twenty years or so.  Before Jordan
was Magic and Bird.  Maybe back to Russell before them.  These are the
basketball gods. Those guys don't show up every year.  But there are lots of
Malones, Ervings, Pippens,  Thomases, Havliceks, etc., stars of a second
magnitude.  If Walker can be on that level, I'm happy.
     But to do it we need to see if there is one part of Walker that does NOT
subscribe to the "my manhood is measured by my paycheck" mentality.  I mean,
if we're talking quality of life here, who can tell the difference between ten
mil and 12 mil per year?  Hey, go out, act like a decent person, stay out of
trouble with the law and do what Jordan does:  dwarf your check with
endorsement money!  Malone and Stockton, two truly great players, have never
had a contract squabble, have always (I think) negotiated their own contracts,
and are both richer than all of us on this list put together (probably.)
     As for Walker's wiggle and all that, he's 21.  No problem.  He'll grow
up.  In the long run, it's his game that does the talking, not his attitude,
not his paycheck.
    As the season winds down, thanks again to all of you for your posts.  Out
here in LA it can be tough to be a Celtics fan, but you all keep the
leprechaun alive!
    Just remember... BEAT LA!