Re: Contingency Plan

-----Original Message-----
From: Neal "Rudy" Hoffman <nealh@umich.edu>

>So what do we do if Gaston chooses to let walker go?

Crucify Gaston..make it such a PR disaster..so that he either signs Walker
or sells the team.

>Lets not debate whether he should or if Walker is worth 100 Million, but
>what the Celtics should do if Gaston decides on a new franchise.
>
>1. Trade Walker this year to get decent player in return.

That is Clipper phiIosphy, I don't want a decent player in return for
Walker.

>2.  Save Cap room for Vin Baker

What makes you think that a team which could not pay Walker will be able to
pay Vin Baker.

>3. Make some calls to Rex "old friend of Pitino" Chapman

Rex Chapman is a shooting guard how does one integerate him in the lineup
with Mercer playing 40 mpg.

>4. Give the ball to Mercer

Mercer is not good enough to crteate his own shot, one must have observed
that Mercer in the last twpo games is shooting more than Walker but his
shooting percentage is suffering.

>I think that if we keep walker for the next year we will sign him...but
>May made some great arguments for waiting a year to see if AW can take it
>to the next level.  Who else is going to be jumping to pay him 15M a year.

Chicago because if Jordan is around for one more year, Chicago will open up
a cap room of 20 mill and Jerry Reinsdorf is not afraid to open his
chequebook one he see's the right material.

                                                          - Mishra