Re: Contingency Plan

To defend myself...

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Shailendra K Mishra wrote:

> [...]

I agree, but if walker has to go, we should try and get something rather
than nothing.  By decent I mean try trading him for Camby or a like
player. > >
> >2.  Save Cap room for Vin Baker
>
> What makes you think that a team which could not pay Walker will be able to
> pay Vin Baker.

I think that Gaston may choose not to pay walker because of his attitude
and the fact that he has not "really proven" himself.  Baker is a real
winner and we will need a franchise player.

 > >3. Make some calls to Rex
"old friend of Pitino" Chapman >
> Rex Chapman is a shooting guard how does one integerate him in the lineup
> with Mercer playing 40 mpg.

Rex is currently playing for the league minimum, he would be an assest to
have and we could maybe play a three guard offense.
> >4. Give the ball to Mercer
>
> Mercer is not good enough to crteate his own shot, one must have observed
> that Mercer in the last twpo games is shooting more than Walker but his
> shooting percentage is suffering.

With a decent point guard and some experience, mercer is the man.

> >I think that if we keep walker for the next year we will sign him...but
> >May made some great arguments for waiting a year to see if AW can take it
> >to the next level.  Who else is going to be jumping to pay him 15M a year.
>
> Chicago because if Jordan is around for one more year, Chicago will open up
> a cap room of 20 mill and Jerry Reinsdorf is not afraid to open his
> chequebook one he see's the right material.

A great point!  But I am banking on Jordan back for another year.

NEal