Re: Walker should just leave. -Reply

Once for all on the subject of "Celtic Pride"; this feeling or reality was
established in the 60's and fostered through the titles of the 70's and
80's;

IT MEANS ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY:

WINNING THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR REALISTICALLY POSSIBLE!

It meant Red lighting a cigar, and pissing off everyone, far more than
Walker could ever dream of doing.

It meant Cousy throwing up half court bombs and making them, just for the
hell of it.

It meant a team, and a city knowing they were the best and expecting it
again this time next year.

It meant Bird choking Dr. J if he was going to get in his face in the
Boston Garden.

It meant Ainge fighting back with Tree, regardless of the size
differential, if he was provoked.

It means different things to everyone, but I can tell you this much, either
Antoine Walker is a grade A+ liar or he has got a true respect for Celtic
Pride.  He himself said he was choked up the day they retired the Chief's
number and that Bird returned as the enemy coach, yet was treated like a
lifetime member of the Celtic family.  He said he one day hoped himself to
have even a fraction of this respect pointed his direction.  Read Pitino's
book, this guy and his teamates better want to win, or they will be traded
to the Knicks or Grizzlies or Nuggets.

If Ryan and Dan don't like Antoine's behavior too damn bad.  He and 11
other people wearing a Celtic uniform, coached by Rick Pitino, will an NBA
crown at the lastest in 5 years.  Give him and this organization the
respect they deserve.  Most of us will cringe just a bit at his antics, but
we were all celebrating that great win in Detroit, or the many others he
has helped deliver to the city and fans.  If you put a feeling about a
silly act by a player above a win for gosh sakes, then I am at loss for
what to call you.  If and when these acts keep this team from winning in
years to come, whether it is the playoffs or not, do you really think RP
will put up with this?  No.  I truly believe we are at times giving these
kids too much credit and at other times no where near enough.

Let's all root for 4 more wins, or at least 37 total, recognize for the
effort it was, pick up the few extra players needed to win it all, and
party in a couple of years.