Re: Not Celtic Material -Reply

Ryan Falcone wrote:

> Don't forget, "Shoeless" Sherman Douglas was probably the only
> reason that the 1995 squad made the playoffs (our last playoff payoff,
> by the way), given his post all-star game play that season.  Certainly the
> only reason they won game 2 versus Orlando, and the primary impetus
> for the Celtics making games 3 & 4 tough for the Magic.
>
> That alone removes him from the above list, IMO.
> Ryan

Different strokes for different folks, Ryan -- but as I recall,
Sherman's inability to advance the offense at clutch time was the reason
the Celtics lost Game 3.  If anything, I'd say 'Nique's play in that
series was far superior (didn't he have 16 rebounds in one of the
games?).  Sherman couldn't play D, couldn't make a free throw to save
his life and had the nauseating tendency to dribble the shot clock down.
 He was also the first of many Celtic backcourt "cap casualties".  While
he's now serving an ideal role for the Nets (backup to a first rate
point guard at virtually no cost to his team), he SUCKED as a Celtic.
As a leather-lunged member of the Garden faithful brilliantly exclaimed,
"PASS THE BALL, YA SELFISH BASTAHD!"

Michael Gooen