[Fwd: Stoudamire]

-- BEGIN included message

mpm_6127@student.tsu.edu wrote:

> I disagree, BIg Fat O could not fit into the fast uptempo Celtics Line-up,

I disagree with you disagreement. As I stated earlier the fact that
miller is currently "the big fat O" does not mean that he could not fit
into celtics offensive and defensive scheme. In fact I think if he loses
the weight under Pitino's tuteledge he will be ideal for the celtics
system. Obese people usually develop a disproportionate amount of muscle
mass motivating their considerable bulk and when the slim down the
become even more athletic than people who have been at a normal body
weight(see charles Barkeley).

> I say sign PG Damon Stoudamire and move Kenny at the 2 guard and Merc at SF.

That would turn the celtics into a defensive sieve. The celtics are
currently undersized up front as it is. Adding another lilliput in the
back court would ruin the celtic's perimeter defense(and add another big
contract to Anderson's and Barros'). Anderson lacks the bulk to
effectively defend most players at his own position much less shooting
guards. While Stoudamire is stockier he lacks the height to defend
agaist point and shooting guards as well. Having two defensive
liabilities in the back court is asking for trouble.

-- END included message