RP on Barros

During the pregame show last night, Pitino talked about Dana Barros. He
said that is the best backup point guard in the league and he would not
trade him for any other point guard in the league. He went on to say that
Dana has worked hard and learned defense and that he had great value to the
team. Dana was requoted as saying that if he had had this type of coaching
earlier in his career, who knows what would have happened.

On the face of it, I could believe Pitino. Or, this could be a way of
increasing Dana's trade value. I personally hope not, but then we've seen
Pitino's public praise result in a trade before.

Hmmmm.

Theresa