Re: heat vs pacers? pacers vs heat?

In message <D348585BAA@obligatie.bl.tmf.hva.nl>, "MAURICE SPRUIJT" said:
> With the Pacers and the Heat battling eachother,
> I'm wondering what would happen as far as the
> play-off matchups concerns if the a situation
> going to be like this:
>
> Eventhough Miami became a second seed in
> the play-off first round, Indiana came out with
> a better record than Miami. But Indiana became
> a third seed because Miami was a division
> Champion.
>
> Who will have home-court advantage when these
> two teams will meet eachother somewhere in the
> play-offs? The second seed (a division champion)
> or a third seed (with a better record)?

Someone asks this every year.  In the NBA, the seedings only determine
matchups (the division winner always plays the team with the seventh-best
record).  Home court is determined by the records of the two teams.  In your
scenario above, Indiana would have the home-court advantage if they played
Miami.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com