Re: Mashburn -Reply

Sampath, Venkatesh wrote:

> Hang on, hang on, there are some of us on this list who are extremely
> interested in Popeye and his rehabilitation. Since nobody seems to know
> anything about his knee, nothing is being said. If he comes back a
> healthy player, he can play the PF position and Walker will (gulp) move
> to the SF position. <(Flame shields on)>
>
> Let's take a look at the roster as it might look for the 98/99 season,
> based on the players we have today:
> PG - Anderson
> SG - Mercer
> SF - Walker
> PF - Jones (comes back healthy)
> C - Tabak
>
> Bench:
> PG - Barros, Edney (?)
> SG - McCarty(?)
> SF - Minor , Bowen (?)
> PF - Knight (?)
> C - DeClerq, Ellison (?)
>
> The question marks indicate positions that are not fixed - players may
> be moved around. Except for the C, this is not such a bad list, when you
> come to think of it. Yes, the lack of a C is a big deal, but I would
> rather have Tabak on the list than Knight or Ellison. We know for
> certain that DeClerq is a good back-up. Would the simple addition of
> Michael Stewart or Theo Ratliff to the starting C take us to a
> championship, or would it require this as well as a deeper bench? My
> opinion is that it is the latter.
>
> venkat
Hey Venkat,

I like it except I would the like the C's to sign Ratliff and use him
with DQ & Tabak as 3-headed center until a real center comes along in
the draft or free agency. The problem is that their are no centersin
either free agency or the draft that are that could make us that much
better. In all due respect to the Ike Austin lovers ; has any body
noticed that the Clippers record since the trade is even worse than B4.
Matt Geiger is having his career year now and will probably digress to
his role as a very nice back-up,who I like a lot but not for 7 million a
year.
Regards,
Hart