RE: Mashburn -Reply

Hang on, hang on, there are some of us on this list who are extremely
interested in Popeye and his rehabilitation. Since nobody seems to know
anything about his knee, nothing is being said. If he comes back a
healthy player, he can play the PF position and Walker will (gulp) move
to the SF position. <(Flame shields on)>

Let's take a look at the roster as it might look for the 98/99 season,
based on the players we have today:
PG - Anderson
SG - Mercer
SF - Walker
PF - Jones (comes back healthy)
C - Tabak

Bench:
PG - Barros, Edney (?)
SG - McCarty(?)
SF - Minor , Bowen (?)
PF - Knight (?)
C - DeClerq, Ellison (?)

The question marks indicate positions that are not fixed - players may
be moved around. Except for the C, this is not such a bad list, when you
come to think of it. Yes, the lack of a C is a big deal, but I would
rather have Tabak on the list than Knight or Ellison. We know for
certain that DeClerq is a good back-up. Would the simple addition of
Michael Stewart or Theo Ratliff to the starting C take us to a
championship, or would it require this as well as a deeper bench? My
opinion is that it is the latter.

venkat