Re: thoughts on walker and general responses

At 19:23 4/3/98 , Cecil Wright wrote:
>It is constantly stated that this team is only a few players away from
>playoffs.  A defensive Center who is an intimidator and rebounder and a
>scorer who can hit from the outside.  I believe that if Popeye Jones
>makes a successful return, he will alleviate alot of the rebounding
>woes.  I think we should make a move for Rex Chapman.

I would love to see  Chapman  in Celtic Green but I doubt very much that it
will happen anytime soon. I reside in Tempe and follow the Suns closely on
Tee Vee, Radio, Newspapers and the Internet. First Rex loves it here.  Just
listening to him in interviews will get that point across loud and clear!
One of the Sports bars I  Schedule/Program for has an affiliation with the
Suns Flagship station and Rex has been there as a promo/guest from time to
time. I was sitting in the office and he entered to get away from the
"hordes" and we chatted for about 15 minutes. After a few minutes of small
talk I point blank asked him"Rex are you going to stay with us in Phoenix
or bolt?  To make a long story short he stated that he  and his family are
very happy in the valley and  is happy with the way the Suns have treated
them. Jerry Colangelo promised him a smokin deal for having to settle for
the minimum the past two seasons. Of course he could have been shining me
on just to avoid any possible unpleasantness! but if Colangelo promises to
take care of you, well you can take that to the bank!! Again I would love
to see him join our team but IMO as the old cliche states there are 2
chances of Rex joining the Celts Slim and None!!  Later and GO CELTS!!  Mike