Re: Curious, how many?

At 15:12 4/3/98 , Theresa Lee wrote:
>I've always been curious....how many of us actually see the games?
>
>I ask because sometimes people make comments that don't fit with what I see
>and I'm wondering if I'm missing things or if it's information obtained
>other than from watching the game. Sometimes nonviewers dig harder for the
>curious tidbit or trade rumor, player stats, etc.  I simply enjoy watching
>basketball in general. Some of us get a gut impression about a player and
>others rely on statistical analysis. Both are useful and both make for good
>discussion about players.

Theresa,
             Although I reside in Tempe,Az I am lucky enough  to view every
game via my BUD (Big Ugly Dish) !!  I often watch portions of the other
teams coverage to see how they see our team. It is interesting to me that
they see  MOST things closely to the way we do but some things the exact
opposite!!  I hate the Lakers with a passion and  while Chick Hearn is
revered out this way as a Ghod  and I find him pretty fair in his
assessment of the Celts and Coach Pitino, and while I don't despise Hearn
I have never seen in him what Laker fans do, But then again people always
used to ask what was so special about Johnny Most!!! I used to answer, "if
you have to ask..." !!  I at times turn down the Celts Tee Vee volume and
listen to WEEI or the opposing teams audio instead and I tend to view the
game somewhat  differently in these situations. I find subtle differences
in the descriptions always, but with some major discrepancies from time to
time. The radio announcers tend to put a little more Ooomph into their
calls to paint a better mind picture IMO of  course! Well I have rambled
for too long so  Later and GO CELTS!!! Mike