Re: Mashburn -Reply

Ryan Falcone wrote:
> Hart:
>
> I agree about Popeye.  I saw him a lot on TV both when he played at
> Murray State and with the Dallas Mavericks.  He was deceptively quick
> for having that physique and a pretty good defender.  Two years ago, it
> seemed like he inhaled everything that came off of the rim in Dallas.
> Does anyone know the extent of his injury and how long he'll be out of
> the lineup (assuming he will return at all this year)?
>
> Ryan
Hey Ryan,
I guess it is the old case of not seeing the forest for the trees.
I think the problem with most of the so-called experts on our list, is
that they rate players from the teams that they come from and not on
their individual talent or hard work. Also I think people get enamored
with scorers like a Mashburn I/O with players with blue collar work
ethics, whose only claims to fame are working hard and doing what it
takes to add to their teams successes. In Popeye's case he has been with
2 of the worst teams in the NBA that had only phony talents to work with
like the Mashburn, Jacksons and the Camby's of the world whose claims to
fame are individual stats only and not what is good for the team. Why is
it that Jason Kidd when he was in Dallas couldn't or wouldn't get along
with the so called great talent of Jackson and Mashburn. I think that
Kidd realized that his so-called great talented teammates spelled team
with an I in it and begged out of there, and now is flourishing with
Phoenix.
Anyway, enough said, gotta go to business appointment in Miami this AM.
Regards,
Hart