Re: Expectations For The Season

Wolvey wrote:

 I know that Rick would absolutely kill me if he is reading this, but would
it be such a bad idea to go for Raef LaFrentz in the draft?? I mean surely
if they get him we'll have 4 great  players and we'd only be a player away
from real contention. The way our cap situation is the only way we can do
that is by trading. Now tell me which NBA team, east of Golden State is
willing enough to trade a star for nobodies???

I think Lafrentz and Travis Knight's games are very similar.  They both
have decent perimeter games,  but aren't really bangers or defensive
intimidators.  We need that inside Maurice Lucas type intimidator unless
Declercq shows he can provide this type of effort to take some load off
Knight, but someone is going to have to play physical with Mourning, Shaq,
Ewing, etc.