Re: Expectations For The Season

At 05:35 PM 9/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Expect 28 to 30 wins this season and no more.  The Celtics will miss the
>playoffs by a mile.  I'm a diehard C's fan but, you must be realistic.  No
>center, no big play forward and 2 rookies at the guards.  Makes for a long
>season again.

Glass half empty huh?  Camp hasn't even opened up yet you say we don't have
a center or big play forward. Knight may just surprise everyone with his
style of play. He's not a low post center but more of a perimeter big man
who plays with his head to the basket.  He's got a nice shot from 15 feet
out and he also has speed and agility. Look for him to fit in just fine
with an uptempo type game that Pitino likes. Walker will clean glass much
like he did last year. I don't see Walker as a slouch. So he might just
emerge as the big play forward you feel the C's are lacking. Look for him
to deliver. The glass is half full.