Re: Kemp in Baby blue

When I first heard of this trade, I thought, "Gee, that should make things
interesting for next year." Then I thought about how this will affect the
whole eastern conference picture. This is what I came up with:

1. Chicago
2. Miami (If Timmy plays as he did last year)
3. NY (Larry, Chris and Allan have one year together and Allan just got a
great confidence booster by being selected for the US team)
4. Detroit (It's scary how good they can be with a still improving Hill
and a solid center, not to mention a more experienced Hunter)
5. Atlanta (They got the same team, which is pretty darned good)
6. Charlotte (I hate to put these guys down here but really, 4 through 7
are interchangable)
7. Indiana (With Mullin, Reggie and Smits at 7? Read above)
8. Washington (Might just as easily be Orlando but the Wizs have more
talent through their starting five)
9. Orlando (Penny missing the playoffs? Real tough call. But he's all they
got realistically)
10. Milwaukee (I thought we did not have to worry about them again this
year but this stupid trade got them Brandon and Hill, and with someone
adept at controlling the tempo, scoring and passing, they'd be a threat)
11. Cleveland (They have no one but Kemp. However, he's a proven winner
and I've to give them the benefit of the doubt here)
12. Philadelphia (In a very similar position to Boston. Ordinarily, I
wouldn't even consider them, but with Brown at the reins, and the type of
game breaking talent they have, well...)
13. Boston (I know. Again. But I think we might have 30-35 victories and
still end up here. Note, here I'm assuming that Billups and Mercer's
rookie year will not be spectacular. Otherwise, we'd be better. The reason
I have us down here is not because I don't think we'd do well, but due to
the strength of the other teams. Were we in the West, I think we'd be
fighting Minnesota for the last Playoff spot)
14. Toronto (Again, talented but I'm betting Darrell walker will lead
them to another 25-30 win year)

Please ... give me a more positive scenerio. Someone ...anyone! I hate to
be going into this year wishing for Raef Le Frenz. - Danny