Jackson

As a resident of Minneapolis and Golden Gopher fan, I'm not sure why =
some people on this list are so high on Bobby Jackson.  I think you need =
to take closer look at this guy before you start proposing that you =
trade away your best players for him and McDyess.

True: Bobby was the classic overachiever at the collegiate level, and he =
was a good leader for the Gopher squad.  He was the backbone of the =
Gophers' trip to the Final Four.

However, I just don't think he has the athletic skills required to be an =
impact player of any kind at the pro level.  He's smaller than they list =
him (almost all players are) and doesn't have the quickness that a =
smaller player need to succeed at the point.  Jackson is less than 6' =
tall, and the Celtics already have the market cornered on mediocre short =
guards.

As for McDyess, he has some skills and would be worth consideration for =
Walker straight up.  That would be a lateral move that would likely =
indicate that Walker couldn't get along with Pitino.  Both teams could =
walk away from that deal smiling.

Dealing Billups for Jackson would be foolish.  There's a reason that =
Billups was taken 3rd, and that Jackson wasn't even taken in the top 15.

Needless to say I think that a Billups/Walker trade for McDyess/Jackson =
is pure insanity -- unless your goal is to win 20 games and draft =
another point guard in next season's lottery.  The Cs would be absolute =
fools to make that trade.  My guess is that the trade rumor was started =
by some wishful-thinking Nuggets fans who wanted to see Billups come =
home.

Keep Walker and Billups.

Enough said  -- My $.02

Brian