Re: I remember

- ----------
R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

 To me, the NBA is washed up, a dead item.  I don't have cable and I will
never buy sports on pay per view.  I will read it in the papers or on the
net.  I think the players and the owners both are to blame and they have
let greed ruin the best game that ever was.  But there is more pride on the
court at the Y when you have to wait three games to play
> again than on most courts in the NBA anymore.  I will hang with the
Celtics, cause I love them.  But, the NBA is dead.  Maybe Garnett should
have signed.  If he doesn't do better, I will sue his agent for him!

I have to agree with you 100%. Most of today's players are in it for the
money only, that why Michael keeps spanking them every year and could
probably play until he is 40 and still beat them.  We may never see the
likes of Havlicek, Bird, Magic, M.J. again.  Basketball better make some
changes fast before they find out the hard way like baseball has after the
strike.  I doubt I would go for the pay per view to watch a basketball,
baseball or football game unless it is a very reasonable price which is
doubtful.