interesting NBA article on ESPN

NBA could be headed for lockout next summer

                 ORLANDO, Fla. -- The NBA is considering whether to
re-open the collective
                 bargaining agreement next summer, commissioner David
Stern and deputy
                 commissioner Russ Granik said Friday at the league
meetings.

                 If that happens, a lockout could ensue.

                 The six-year labor agreement finalized last summer
between the NBA and the
                 National Basketball Players Association includes a
re-opener clause that gives
                 the league the right to effectively rip up the accord
after the 1997-98 season.

                 "It's something we're going to have to consider,"
Granik said. "We do feel that
                 the salary system is becoming out of whack ... and over
the last couple years
                 things are heading in the wrong
// The rest of the article can be found
at:http://ESPNET.SportsZone.com/nba/news/970919/00383627.html

I'm glad we, fans, are not the only ones who goes crazy when a player
rejects $120million.