I remember

I remember the NBA from when I was a child.  I loved it.  The Celtics
were the best.  I remember when it was in black in white, the Celtics
wore Chuck Taylor, canvas Converse, Bailey Howell had a flat top and was
the best hatchet man anywhere to be found.  I remember Havlichek coming
into the league and Billy Cunningham.  I remember the Baltimore Bullets.
I remember learning to hate the Knicks when Clyde the Glide came along.
I remember 3 to make 2.

Mainly I remember fierce competitors who wanted to win every game
playing for pride and not numbers and not big dollars.  I remember in
the 80's when the Celtics played like crap on Thanksgiving day and then
galvanized.  I wondered if they would lose again that year.

I do not see that type of play but one place anymore, in Chicago.  MJ is
old school just like Phil and the rest of the team toes the line.

To me, the NBA is washed up, a dead item.  I don't have cable and I will
never buy sports on pay per view.  I will read it in the papers or on
the net.  I think the players and the owners both are to blame and they
have let greed ruin the best game that ever was.  But there is more
pride on the court at the Y when you have to wait three games to play
again than on most courts in the NBA anymore.  I will hang with the
Celtics, cause I love them.  But, the NBA is dead.  Maybe Garnett should
have signed.  If he doesn't do better, I will sue his agent for him!

I hope that a lockout does occur.  Change the salary structure.  Make
the players buy us tickets.  Make the owners give them away.  Make the
players give back part of their salary for every loss.  Maybe that will
work.  But you gotta do something.  Cause what ain't dead by now is
dying.

NBA, RIP.

But I still love the Celtics.
- --