Re: Get this!

JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

> Wanna get pissed off?  Listen to this, from veteran disapointnik Todd Day:
>
> "THE SITUATION I WAS IN, ESPECIALLY LAST SEASON, knowing
> I was going to be a free agent, made me push myself more to take bad
> shots," he said. "It's hard being somewhere where they're not used to
> winning, and it's easy to get away from what needs to be done."
>
> Where they're not used to winning!  Can you believe it?  Well, he's right
> about one thing.  We shouldn't have forced him to take all those shots.  Poor
> bastard.

Josh,

I agree with what he said about the "where they're not used to winning
bit." How much of the organisation as a whole had played in the super
eras, ummm let me count, Dee Brown and ummm ooopsy thats all and you
have DJ there, gotta count him in, thats a grand total of 2. If it was
just after the Bird era then fine, but last season was ages after the
Bird era which he clearly means.

I'm sure he wouldn't have said something like that if he had he been
there the season or two after Bird retired.

Warwick
- --
MZ