Re: BankBoston Center?!? (was Re: Trade Rumor)

>(work is such a pain in the butt, always gets in the way of
>C's stuff).....

Ken, I feel your pain...but I'm taking the rest of the week off, so I have
time to respond to this rumor. You know, there's nothing more depressing
than imagining what this team is going to get in exchange for Dee Brown.
When and if a trade for Dee does take place, it's not going to be pretty. I
really think he and Pervis have zero trade value and, I could be wrong, but
given the speed at which Pitino is dismantling this team, he appears
desperate to get rid of both these guys. He seemingly didn't blink when he
made the trade for Wiliams. I'm sure Pitino says "Dee," "Pervis," and
"Please," every time he calls a GM and they're all just about sick of
hearing it. So I figure, one day, just to shut him up, someone's going to
have to make a trade with the poor guy. Trading Billups?...I think Pitino
would definitely do it because I'm not sure he really wants to start a
rookie point guard and I think Billups might be one of the talents we'd
have to give up to get rid of Brown. Whether he really is a talent is
anybody's guess, but it seems that he's perceived around the league as a
potential star....yes? However, God help me for being so naive, but I still
think Denver needs a point, would love to have the home-state college star
in their back-court, and after Oct. 1 could be persuaded to trade McDyess
for Billups. And I think Pitino is holding on to Billups, and waiting. So,
the trade for Shaw, Scott and a #2. I hate "No D" Scott for that very
reason, if he's not hitting the outside shot, he's worthless. Shaw is
mediocre. But I think Pitino would make the trade just to get rid of Brown,
Minor, their contracts and to put another experienced and taller point in
his back-court. I'm also assuming that Scott and Shaw have shorter
contracts...yes? Right now however, I think it's the wrong time to include
Billups, so I don't think it's going to happen. But...a warning...get ready
to hold your nose when a trade including Brown and / or Pervis is made.
It's going to be about salary cap, length of contract, and getting Pitino
to stop calling for a few weeks.

Paul M.