Vecsey BS Master

Here are some tidbits on the Celtic's from Peter Vecsey. Considering the
source this could be just more BS from the BS master himself.

JC

                        KEMP'S TOO GOOD
                        FOR TEAM PITINO

                     By PETER VECSEY

                     LOOKING to latch on to anybody remotely
                     owning an affection or connection with
                     Kentucky, Rick Pitino recently took an
                     unsuccessful run at Sonic dis

                     senter Shawn Kemp. Seattle was asked if it
                     would consider anyone on Boston's roster, or
                     a combination of Celtic players, but
                     expressed no interest, whatsoever.......

                     BEFORE sending Eric Williams to the
                     Nuggets for a pair of second-rounders, the
                     Celts talked at length to the Nets about a
                     swap for Jayson Williams. John Calipari - still
                     unsigned by Jersey, by the way - insisted on
                     the inclusion of a definitive No. 1 pick. But
                     the best Boston would do was a contingent
                     No. 1, based on its re-signing of Jayson after
                     this season........

                     Sources say Wayne Embry blew a chance to
                     get Cleveland some compensation for Chris
                     Mills by not re-signing and re-routing him in
                     one of three possible directions. In his zest to
                     recruit Fox, the Cav president made himself
                     unavailable for a couple days, making it
                     impossible for Atlanta, Portland and Golden
                     State to get in touch. That gave the Celtics the
                     time it needed to trade Williams and create
                     enough cap room to sign Mills to a
                     seven-year, $34M pact........

                     Gym rat, reincarnate, Dee Brown, at the
                     behest of Pitino, is down from 215 to 187,
                     two pounds short of his coach's objective......

                     Pitino says the league did him a big favor "by
                     giving me a soft schedule to open the season.
                     We start with the Bulls and the Magic at
                     home. Then we play the Knicks in New York
                     and the Heat in Miami. I'm wondering what
                     Eastern Kentucky and Marshall are doing
                     those nights."