More deals?

JLyell wrote:

> I'd still like to see the Celtics acquire Cedric Ceballos, Bryant and
> Person or Nash for Ellison, Massenberg  & Barros, Brown, or Edney.

No can do.  The C's cannot trade Massenburg or Edney.

> I still think the non-signings of the rookies means something else is still
> in the works, what else could it mean ?

I'm not sure that anything else is in the works.  Once Billups and Mercer
sign, that will end any cap room that we have left.  So, I think that
Pitino and Wallace decided a long time ago to sign these guys at the last
possible moment, to give themselves the most flexibility.  But, I doubt if
anything specific is in the works.  If anything is, it would have to
involve Ellison, Barros, Brown, Minor or Walker.  Those are the only
players the Celtics can trade before they sign Billups and Mercer.

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu