Re: [Fwd: Walker]

Josh Stated:

> You guys are mistaken.  Walker is the player Pitino is building this team
around.  His entire definition of himself as a coach revolves around
motivating and molding young minds; do you really think he is going to give
up on Antoine without even trying?  Trading Antoine now would be like
demolishing the Fleet Center.  Something has to go radically wrong first
> before such a magnificent foundation will be torn down.

I believe Pitino would like to do this but he will be evaluating Walker and
his work ethic and growth into an all around player very closely this year.
 If he is not impressed, or has concerns, I beleive he will be gone.  He
will not wait to give Walker the opportunity to be in the drivers seat as
far as contract negotiations, he will act swiftly just as he did with
Williams.

Once again as with Williams I think you rate him a bit too highly right
now.  He is young, and has a lot of potential, but still is a long way from
being a complete player. He needs to improve his ball handling, outside
shooting, and defensive skills.  Rick experienced some problems with him at
Kentucky, I don't think he will let him call the shots in the NBA.  Pitino
has been brought in to rebuild this franchise,and if he thinks A.W. can't
be the dedicated,  team oriented player it takes to win championships, I
believe he will be gone.