Re: new rules

Karen J Davies wrote:

> If the NBA are serious about this expanded no charge area, speaking as
> part time referee myself (not NBA obviously...) they should mark the
> 1.2m
> radius on the floor.  This would be of assistance to players and
> officials.
>
> ALso, how about the "fouled player's choice" rule idea that gives the
> fouled
> player, when in the bonus situation, the option of taking the free
> throws or
> taking the inbound with a new shot clock.

I actually like the idea of a fouled player's choice. Why force people
to shoot foul shots when they are ahead.  Make the defense steal the
ball.

On the other issue, I have not seen the proposal.  But is this for a "no
charge zone?"  And what does that mean?  Are they just going to let Shaq
knock down anyone without having to worry about it at all?  Maybe I am
just too cynical.   But, I would like to know more about what the no
charge deal is.

- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net