'Toine an all-star???

here are the players who will be on the all-star team at the forward
position.
Kemp, J. Howard or Chris Webber, G. Hill. That's three positions
which are pretty much locked up.
Then you have a host of players who are on the 'bubble'. They
include, S. Pippen (b/c of injury), A. Mason, C. Laettner, J.
Mashburn (look at what T. Hardaway did under a full season with
Riley), G. Robinson, G. Rice (almost a lock, IMO), L. Johnson (kind
of a reach), S. Abdur Rahim (if you include 'toine you have to
include Shareef) and of course Walker.
So from this group, you probably get to chose three more players.
At least two of those three positions will go to guys because their
teams are doing very well, either Mason or Rice (maybe both if
Charlotte is doing great), Mashburn, Laettner. Don't forget that Zo'
is out for a while so if Mash picks up the slack, he will be a
contender. Pippen is a wild card, you don't know what to expect. My
pick to round out the group is Glen Robinson. With Baker gone he
should get some more shots, i.e. Brandon won't take as many as Baker.
And with a more up tempo style, he should benefit. That kinda leaves
Walker and Rahim out in the cold mostly because their teams will
stink. I would have to say that Walker's best chance is if the team
wins a lot more than expected, something approaching .500 record.
This doesn't mean I don't think he has the skills, it is a game of
politics and exposure and team success play a huge part. Walker lacks
both.

Mike Z