eastern conference standings

Since there have been so many moves since I made my regular season
predictions, I thought I would update them:

1. Chicago - but not by much.
2. Charlotte - Best team-oriented starting 5 in the NBA.
3. New York - Very deep bench, with tons of players who can play "smash
mouth football" (as Bill Parcells would say).  They will be tough.
4. Atlanta - As good as last year plus Jeff Gray (I think).
5. Indiana - 2 years ago they were #2.  Now they have Bird and Mullin.
6. Detroit - Just like last year.  They'll start strong and fade fast.
7. Miami - When the smoke clears and the mirrors break, there's nothing
there.
8. Milwaukee - Brandon and Allen will be a dynamic duo.  They'll just
barely squeak into the playoffs but Chris Ford will continue to lose his
hair.
9. Orlando - They've made quite a few changes and will need time to gel.
10. Washington - Lots of talent and no chemistry.
11. Cleveland - Kemp has a new contract, but Kevin Garnett's is bigger.
12. New Jersey - Van Horn will lead the Nets to the top of the shitty
teams.
13. Boston - It'll be lots of fun if you don't mind losing.
14. Philly - They're a poor team's Washington.
15. Toronto - In the cellar, but they have lots of "upside".

Feel free to ridicule my picks,
Jeremy