Re: T.Knight

I definately agree that DeClercq stunk it up....
Knight had some positives, but still, what struck me the most was that
when New York made their first run at the start of the second half, which
turned it into a two point game, the following happened...

Knight fouled Ewing on a made 8 foot baseline shot.
Knight fouled Ewing on a made 8 foot straight away shot.
Knight released Ewing or an easy offensive rebound.
Knight missed a switch and let Larry Johnson slip into the lane for an
easy offensive put back.
Knight let Ewing get another offensive board that Barros was able to steal
back.
Knight took and bricked an ill timed three pointer.

This all happened in roughly a 4 minute spurt and during that time New
York completely took over and erased Boston's half time lead.

Knight did have 8 points, but they were 2 baskets in the first 2 minutes
of the first half, and two baskets in the first 3 minutes of the second
half.  Other than that, he was a non factor on offense (he had a nice
offensive rebound but he blew the layup afterward).  On top of that, he
put up an air ball from 3 point land that keyed an easy New York hoop.  I
like the way Knight runs the floor and crashes the offensive boards.  I am
very worried about Knights shot selection and I frankly dislike the way he
doesn't block out on the defensive boards.  When the other team crashes
the boards, Knight often forgets to block out the oposing center.  HE gets
a lot of his boards by simply crashing in, without blocking anyone out.
This is a great way for a guard to pick up some boards, but it really
hurts when you ar releasing the other teams center on the boards.
Overall, I thinkkk he adds to the team, but like I said before, I don't
see him helping our chances of winning last night in any way - we made a
come back off of trapping and rebounding, both of which I like Ellison's
game a lot better.  If we could combine Knight and Ellison, we'd have the
perfect Center for Pitino's system (assuming we got an agressive,
tenacious rebounding center who can run the floor and hit the shot instead
of an injury prone, shot shy center who won't block out and stays on the
perimeter).

But despite all of that, the big question is, why does Declercq look as
bad as he does?

Adam