Re: T.Knight

>>It wasn't Daniel who posted he was at the game it was me. But I still
>agree with what he said. As for being a two different games. I don't think
>so. It was at the Fleet Center wasn't it? The first half Knight was a pest.
>He was all over the floor during the trap and his size and long wing span
>contributed to several Ewing misses down low. Remember? As for blocking out
>Knight wasn't playing down low most of the time he was in the game but
>spent most of the time drawing Ewing away from the basket. Knight only
>played 22 minutes but during that time he helped the Celtic's gain a first
>half advantage 47-35. Yes I realize that Barros had a little something to
>do with this. But during Knight's time he grabbed 7 rebounds had two
>assists and 8 points. Clearly the 4 fouls didn't help the Celtics but I
>liked his game. I do have to agree with you that Ellison's contribution was
>significant. He played impressive and had 5 rebounds in 18 minutes and was
>hustling on the floor. But he came up empty on the offensive end including
>missing an easy five foot jumper at the end of the game when we really
>needed a hoop. But surely you have to agree he was the one who was abused
>by Ewing in the second half. Ewing was making his living at the foul line
>courtesy of Ellison. Pervis then fouls out at the end of the game when we
>needed him most. Advantage Knight.

I was at the game too.  I did think that Travis was effective in the 1st half.
He'll have trouble with the great centers 1-on-1, but in the help oriented
defense that Pitino is using, he's valuable.  Same goes for Ellison.
When the ball goes low on the post, there's always a quick double.
Travis and Pervis don't need to body up on the bulkier centers, but can
wait more on a move and then swipe at the ball.  That happened a few times
last night.  Their long arms and quickness become more of a factor.

Overall, the scheme de-emphasizes 1-on-1 matchups and depends on team defense.
The C's also seemed to be covering the passing lanes well.  They know what
thye're giving the offense for passing options when they start doubling.
They picked off a lot of passes last night (31 Knicks turnovers).  Hopefully
they can keep the defensive effort up thru the season.  It's fun to watch.

The team is rotating like crazy if they're not actually trapping
once the ball goes over half court.  At times though, you would see
Dana guarding Ewing and Dee guarding LJ.

>Maybe we can agree to disagree but I would bet we both agree that DeClerq
>played like absolute doo doo.
>
>JC

DeClerq hustled, but showed Greg Kite ability on offense.  I swear I saw
him show "some" offense down low last year with Golden State.  Last night
at least, he showed really bad hands and the shots he took were ugly.

Be patient with Billups.  He's all over the place right now
but doesn't get down. He's got great upper body strength and
plays pretty physical for a point.  He needs to establish that he can
beat his man off the dribble and drive to the hoop consistently.
Seeing him in person, I didn't realize how broad he was.  Could definitely
pass for a defensive back. Hopefully he'll be able to put it together
as he plays more.

- - KK