Re: forwards

Mark Berry wrote:

>           I've been trying to come up with any forwards who might be
>           available and of interest to the Celts and I'm more or less
>           stumped. The only guy I can think of is Joe Smith, but do we
>           have what it takes to land him? It would have to be a
>           package of players and one of them, I think, would have to
>           be Billups. The other possibility is Portland, where they
>           have Rasheed Wallace, Brian Grant and Arvydas Sabonis up
>           front and might be willing to part with Gary Trent.

It is obvious that more moves are to come but I think these trades are
unlikely. The warriors have 3 point guards locked up with cap hogging
contracts for the next few years. (Bimbo, BJ and Price) They are most
definetly not looking for point guards at the moment. There is a reason
why Trent is a backup why would the C's want this guy. The moves that
have to be made involve losing a few players. With the arrival of three
more bodies some decisions have to be made. Massenburg appears to be odd
man out here maybe Minor. Bowen is my pick as IR material. Look for a
trade of any of these guys as well as Edney. Although it doesn't look
like Edney is being showcased so it's though to say what Pitino's idea
is here. I don't think anybody will get waived outright. Maybe Thomas
will be asked to go to Europe for a year of seasoning. Or be packaged
with another C in a deal. But don't look for Dana to be moved as he has
been the most effective point guard in the preseason.

Art Silva